Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Good news!!!

Tonight the Salt Lake City police called me to inform me that my vehicle had been recovered and was "drivable"....

I called my neighbor immediately and had him drive me over to Murray, about 15 miles south from my house, where my car had been found... It had been abandoned on the remote corner of an empty commuter parking lot, right between the train tracks and the highway. I was really relieved to find that it had not been stripped and that the wheels were still on.

The person who stole my truck turned out to be a complete moron and left his bag inside the cabin, complete with some of his personals, his driver's license and some of his sister's things.... Also left in the truck were a few stolen power tools... The truck has been slightly damaged on the front end and the cabin has been trashed.... There were cigarette butts everywhere and cigarette burns here and there...The cops took a bunch of pictures of the truck inside and out and then turned it back over to me...

All things considered I am a lucky bastard and am very thankful for it all.... my truck was found, is structurally intact in essence and will be drivable after a few repairs....

Everything turns out to be good!


No comments:

Post a Comment