Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Autumn!!!!




I have been lazy lately....

Yes, I confess!!!! I have been busy, I have flown around quite a bit and been busy with the restaurant.... Canned more tomatoes, went to the market, did a lot of paperwork, spent some time in the kitchen.....

Eric has been busy with Tartine, our wine bar project next to The Paris, and also Sea Salt, our next Italian venture....

We have enjoyed a wonderfully warm weather up to last week.... On Monday September 28th it was 85ºF and I was going around wearing a T-shirt, shorts and no socks... When I woke up the following day, Fall had moved in overnight. It was raining cats and dogs, the wind was blowing and the temperature outside was an amazing 55ºF.

Over the next couple of days, the sun played hide and seek and Fall most definitely claimed its presence.... We saw a lot of rain and experienced much colder weather, especially at night... We sadly had to stop serving customers out on the patio at the Paris Bistro.

Eric came to my house one night, coiffed with a high powered headlamp, in an effort to salvage the last of the heirloom tomatoes. He harvested a whopping 70lbs. I must say he was very inspired to do so, for it almost froze that very night. Over the next couple of days, we cut the last of our basil. Last night was the hardest freeze to date.... My entire lawn was covered with white frost this morning....A view of 1500 South (Emerson Ave), where The Paris sits.

Fall is my favorite season.... especially here in Utah. Mother Nature displays an astonishing palette of gold, red, yellow and orange hues, and the mountains are simply superb...Check out these pictures (click here to view a collection of landscapes my friends and I have taken over the past couple of years).

1 comment:

  1. Merci mon Manu for creating this blog! Believe or not, this is actually the 1st time I ever check one out... Anyway, great way to keep in touch, great way to find out more about your daily life and I really enjoyed every word so far... Please keep going. Grosses bises,
    Minousse
    P.S: I put "anonymous" because I did not know what else to use...

    ReplyDelete