Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Salon De L'Agriculture, Paris


Just came back from Paris with a God awful cold and it does not seem to be going away...

At the moment I am relaxing at home and reflecting on the two days I just spent in Paris, but more so about the amazing time I had at the Salon de L'Agriculture....

I had never been to an agricultural fair, let alone the mother of them all, the one happening yearly in Paris. I had heard many things about it, about how huge it is, how crowded, how much food there is.... Everything turned out to be true.... and no matter how much I imagined how big of an event it would be, it simply turned out to be 10 times that....

I went there with ladies from my crew: Marcie, Julie and Kerrie. Since I was under the impression that no tickets were sold on premises, I went ahead and bought tickets in advance on the internet. I must confess I am proud of myself, for, when we arrived, there were oodles of people lining up outside the entrance, waiting for a chance to buy a ticket. We could easily have waited 1.5 hour had we not thought ahead!!!!


Once inside the park, we quickly realized that there was too much to see and do in one day, so we decided to concentrate on 3 pavillions:
• The food and delights of France and its regions. I zeroed in on the Foie Gras and the Wine producers!!!
• The food and delights of the rest of the world (Switzerland, Russia, Brasil, Senegal, Japan and so many others)
• The cattle raising pavillion where we saw some impressively big horses, cows, pigs, dogs and even pigeons!

Since we ate a lot and sampled quite a bit of different things (wine, Cognac, beer and Chouchen among others), we were quite tired once we came back to the hotel. Marcie and Julie found the energy to go out for dinner.

My cold caught up with me and forced me to stay in all night... Oh well!!! It was outrageous fun! I will go back next year, but will make sure that I go at leat three days in a row....



No comments:

Post a Comment